Friday, January 9, 2009

Movie Review - VALKYRIE

Valkyrie is Tom Cruise's newest movie. It's based off the true story of the failed assassination attempt on Adolf Hitler. It is directed by Brian Singer who did The Usual Suspects, X-Men (1 and 2), and Superman Returns.


Valkyrie is a decent flick that kept my attention. It's not great, but it is not a bad movie. My main criticism of the film is that there is not enough character development or action to make it a great movie. The plot was interesting and there were some intense moments, but I just didn't feel the emotional pull of the characters. In order for me to really like this movie I would have had to care about the characters involved. The movie focused on the plot to assassinate Hitler and missed on developing characters that you care about. I give it a thumb to the side.

Rob's Rating System: Two Thumbs up = I loved it, worth paying full price, and I will own it on DVD. One Thumb up = An OK movie, worth a matinee showing, and I may buy it on DVD if I see it in the $5 bin. Thumb to the side = Wait and rent it. I wouldn't be mad if someone gave me this DVD, but I wouldn't buy it. Thumbs down = I hated it, wish I wouldn't have wasted money on it, wouldn't own it on DVD.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Rob,
    I'd have to agree with you on this review! I would have much rather waited to rent it! And I am feeling much better, thanks for asking, I have a job interview today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed on the review. I'd also like to ad that it was one of many failed attempts. They said how many, but I think it was like 7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yet another movie i enjoyed a little more, only because I saw it free via knowing a manager @ Regal.... but still, only mildly entertained

    ReplyDelete
  4. DP, I believe it was the 15 and final attempt to kill Hitler.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.