Sunday, January 18, 2009

How was church?

Church today at Waters Edge was great. We are in the middle of a series entitled "Crank It Up." Lead Pastor Stu Hodges did a great job delivering a talk on how to "Crank It Up" at your job. As always the Waters Edge band rock'd. I love going to church at Waters Edge on Sundays!

Normally after church I eat and then take a nap. I need the nap to re-energize because I have to come back to church at 4:00 PM to do it all over again...twice. For some strange reason I'm not tired, so I am blogging instead.

I get to write about my life a lot on robshep.com, but I love to hear about other people's experiences. So how was church for you today? If you don't go to church what did you do instead?

4 comments:

  1. I go to WEC also and I agree the band rocked! I always have a great time but today was especially great because I meet an old friend there who had never been and she bought her 2nd grader who has never been in a church at all. The little girl had to be peeled off of her Mom crying but it was a different story when we picked her up. She was all smiles and excited and said she loved it and wants to come back next Sunday. (This is why we do it!) Plus, I won at Corn Hole and it was a swosh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked church today. I feel blessed that I have a job that I truly love! Jon and I are looking forward to group tomorrow night. It's always nice to get to discuss the service at group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love WEC! The band did rock as usual! The Welcome bit was fun! Good job, Rob and Jake and WEC band! And it was awesome because my Uncle and 2 cousins came to WEC for the first time ever! They loved it! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great service yesterday. The band rocked...especially Tony on his "Devil went down to Georgia" solo. And the new bass player, Nate, did an awesome job and had good energy on stage.
    The sermon was really well done...even though my boss was the one preaching it :)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.