Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm your huckleberry

Monica and I recently tried huckleberry ice cream with our friends Dan and Danielle. Immediately after trying it I said "I'm your huckleberry." Just to make sure no one thought I was crazy I asked "does anyone know what movie that is from?"

Monica and Danielle didn't have a clue. Dan knew right away. I then asked Dan if he thought our waiter knew what movie it was from. Dan bet that he did, but I wasn't so sure. We asked the waiter and guess what? He knew.

Later that night I asked Monica's parents if they knew. Monica's dad knew right away. Her mom didn't know.

What's the point of all this? I have yet to find a girl who knows what movie that is from and I have yet to find a guy who doesn't know.

I'm just wondering...do you know what movie "I'm your huckleberry" is from? Don't cheat and look it up on YouTube.

13 comments:

  1. I know where that movie is from! Val kilmer was awesome in tombstone! Great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tombstone! i guess brooke beat me though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung. ~Doc Holiday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. But I'm a guy. I think that Val was a good Doc Holiday. But I think that Kevin Cosner was a better Wyatt Earp. They needed to combine the two movies. I just can't take Kurt Russell seriously since Snake Plisskin and "Big Trouble in Little China".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing that tombstone was a good movie which tells you I haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what its from...Val Kilmer is the best in that film! i know i am not the first but i do know! We quote that often here in the office in TX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know!! that is J and I's favorite movie!! Tombstone of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So far since posting this I have been plesantly surprised. The girls have come through. I talked with two guys who didn't have a fat clue what movie it was from.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You gonna do somethin'? Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed? Unskin skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm a shameful male... that's one of those movies on my list of movies that i'm well aware is essential & worthwhile to view... but i've just never gotten around to it. consider me foolish, and i will now be proactive in watching it asap... and then following it up with 3:10 To Yuma, because that needs another viewing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jake (tothe) holla, it is shameful. I also can't believe you're using 3:10 to Yuma in the same sentence... 3:10 is ok. Tombstone is classic. Go see it now. Why are you still reading this?

    Rob, what guys... man, only guys who play the Tamberine don't know that line.

    I greatly appreciate all the other Tombstone quotes... it's making me want to watch it. I might do that right now.

    ok, my word verification is "misters"... it made me chuckle

    ReplyDelete
  12. TOMBSTONE!! LOVE IT!! One of my favs... Val Kilmer was completely fabulous in it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know now because I looked at the other comments, but before that, I didn't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.