Thursday, January 15, 2009

What's that smell? Part One

Do you smell?

When I was in middle school I would tell girls that I liked that they smelled. It would always get a reaction. They would hit me or give me a really dirty look. They then would smell themselves and declare...I DON'T SMELL! I would then tell them that they need to calm down because I didn't say they smelled bad. I simply made the statement that they smelled. This never got me real far with the ladies and it may explain why I was single all through middle school.

The truth is you do smell. You may smell good or you may smell bad but without a doubt you smell like something.

Now the question is what do you smell like? I was reading the Bible the other day and apparently knowing God makes your life smell. When your life reflects the love of God people are drawn to your smell like the smell of a Chipotle burrito. The verse goes on to say that some people will be repulsed by the smell of God...i.e. people who like Moe's (just joking). Either way if you know God your smell should cause others to react...to be continued.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Rob,

    Your metaphors are fantastic!

    Sincerely,
    The Dominator

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don't typically smell like anything. I'm amazingly blessed in the fact that I don't stink even when sweating profusely.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.