Friday, January 2, 2009

Movie Review - Marley and Me

Marley and Me is a very cute movie staring Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston and a a yellow Labrador Retriever.

Bring a hankie. or like my wife did...a whole box of tissues.

The movie is based off the best selling book of the same name. It's a cute story with humor, and real relationship drama. Today too many movies are over the top and unrealistic. Since the film is based off a true account it comes off as very real life and believable.

I don't think I will own this movie because I don't know how many times I can watch it again, but it was a good flick. I give it one thumb up.

Rob's Rating System: Two Thumbs up = I loved it, worth paying full price, and I will own it on DVD. One Thumb up = An OK movie, worth a matinee showing, and I may buy it on DVD if I see it in the $5 bin. Thumb to the side = Wait and rent it. I wouldn't be mad if someone gave me this DVD, but I wouldn't buy it. Thumbs down = I hated it, wish I wouldn't have wasted money on it, wouldn't own it on DVD.

5 comments:

  1. The more I think about this movie, the more I like it. The amount of time that elapses in the story is amazing. I also would like to ad that I think it's Owen Wilsons best movie, which I know might not be saying a lot, but he does a great job. So does the entire cast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 things:
    1. I agree with Dan and although my movie opinion is not of large credit with this crowd I thought it was a great movie.
    2. You can borrow it because I will probably buy it on DVD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was very good and I hope I never see it again. This joins "Bryan's Song" as the only other movie where I've cried like a little girl. I had to go home and watch football for the rest of the night to get my guy card back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked it too. But I cried and I am not even a dog person. It was sad. I will never want to watch it again. Too much crying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with dp about the cast! It was good.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.