Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Movie Review - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Brad Pitt's newest movie is...well...for lack of a better word a curious film. Brad Pitt plays a man who was born old and ages in reverse. The special affects are phenomenal. The acting is good. The premise is creative. But the movie is not that great.


I wasn't bored and that is saying a lot because the movie is close to 3 hours long. My main critique of the movie is that it attempts to be an epic tale, similar to Forest Gump, but the story never arrives to epic status. Brad's character meets some people, sails the seas, and sleeps with a lot of women. In the end you have an interesting movie, but in my opinion wait to rent it on DVD. It's rated PG-13 for mild violence and Brad Pitt's naked butt. I give it a thumb to the side.



Rob's Rating System: Two Thumbs up = I loved it, worth paying full price, and I will own it on DVD.
One Thumb up = An OK movie, worth a matinee showing, and I may buy it on DVD if I see it in the $5 bin.
Thumb to the side = Wait and rent it. I wouldn't be mad if someone gave me this DVD, but I wouldn't buy it.
Thumbs down = I hated it, wish I wouldn't have wasted money on it, wouldn't own it on DVD.

5 comments:

  1. I think that you agree with all the rest of the critics......lets see what Miller Gen draft has to say

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I HATED that movie! I saw it Saturday night with a friend, and wanted to stab myself in the eye! My girlfriend and I watch like 5 people leave the theatre. Yuck...bad movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So does Leah know about your girlfriend John?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked it probably just because it was Brad Pitt but I would have liked it a whole lot more if it had been 1 hour and 48 minutes instead of 2 hours and 48 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cate Blanchett with a southern accent FTW; but Benjamin Button kept dragging on, always pausing dramatically on Brad Pitt's face, a lot like Meet Joe Black, FTL

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.