Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain feels constipated with thoughts. The following is a mind dump of all the random stuff going on in my head.
  • I had the privilege of baptizing 30 people at Waters Edge on Sunday. That's 48 people in two weeks. Baptism is an outward sign of an inward change. At Waters Edge we go buck wild crazy for baptism because is represents life change.
  • The following is TMI. You've been warned. I ate Fiber One cereal for the first time on Sunday. My only experience with Fiber One is with their bars. Whenever I eat one it gives me awful gas. I was worried that eating it on a Sunday that I'm baptizing would cause me to turn the baptism pool into a hot tub. Farts bubble under water. Luckily for me the gas attacked after I got home from church.
  • My lil bro and sister in law had their first baby on Saturday. Connor Crayton Shepherd was born at 12:23 PM. He weighed 8 lbs 2.5 oz. He's cute. Come back tomorrow for pictures.
  • I got to spend time with my in laws over the weekend. It was a short trip, but I enjoyed seeing everyone. I really enjoyed seeing my aunt in law, Nancy. She's a faithful reader to robshep.com. She told me she really likes the "Mind Dump," so this one is dedicated to her.
  • I'm speaking in a youth class at Liberty University on Friday. It's Youth Emphasis week and they bring in youth pastors to talk to the students. I'm bringing two of my students with me.
  • Kansas jacked up almost every one's brackets. I didn't fill out a bracket because the Lakers aren't in this tournament. I love the Lakers! I'm very excited about the NBA playoffs starting very soon.
  • The WEC staff got to spend some time with each other over the weekend. We don't get to hang out with all our families very often. When we do it's a lot of fun.
  • The Blind Side comes out on DVD today. I pre-purchased it back in Jan. It was one of my favorite movies of last year.
  • Whatever happened to Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum? Whenever I ask someone for gum I always get something minty fresh. Some of it's so strong I feel like I'm chewing on my dentist. I can tell by chewing on it my teeth are getting whiter, but it's not enjoyable.
  • Just so you know I've never actually chewed on my dentist.
  • Random fact about my teeth: I'm 31 years old and I've never had a cavity.

Whew I feel better now.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah for going to Liberty!!!! I'm heading up in a couple of weeks! :) I always love to visit in the spring! I hope you have a great trip! I really miss college and Lynchburg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the Mind Dump. Thanks for the hot tub visual. Now I'm afraid that I will giggle like a giddy school girl at all future baptisms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll be free from 940 until 1235 on Friday, and then from 3pm onwards... lemme know what your schedule is!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.