Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Nice Day For A White Wedding

Over the weekend I had the honor of attending one of my former students wedding. She was in the seventh grade when I started as her youth pastor. She was a part of the first youth group that I was the lead youth pastor. I'd been an intern and an interim before, but this was the first where I made all the decisions. I was in college and it was a great time of my life. I loved going to the wedding and catching up with some of my former students. Here are some pics...enjoy.

Pictured Above: Two of my former students have a son that is old enough to be
the ring bearer. Wow.

Pictured Above: Amanda, the bride, and her father, the Tommy

Pictured Above: The cake. I love wedding cake.

Pictured Above: Me and Amanda

Pictured Above: Two of my boyz from the former youth group.

Pictured Above: Rob with Billy and Stone Cold Austin Leeroy or simply Austin-Lee. I give a lot of students nick names and when I was their youth pastor Stone Cold Steve Austin was a popular wrestler. For some reason I tagged his name onto her name and then added the roy. It makes no sense but that's what I did. Both Billy and Austin-Lee have blogs that you should check out.

5 comments:

  1. "The Tommy" made me laugh out loud. That's a good way to describe him. haha! So glad we got to see y'all at the wedding! Let's not wait till the next wedding to all hang out...although it may not be too long if Anna and Cam have their way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that guy on the left in the 5th picture down, if you with the 2 guys from your old youth group... he looks super familiar. i'm pretty sure he's in one of my classes here @ LU

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool...doesnt it make you feel old when the kids in your youth program get married...lol. maybe its just me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jake, his name is Chris and he does go to LU. You should say what up to him.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.