Friday, March 19, 2010

How'd You Find robshep.com

Thanks for taking the time to read robshep.com. Some of you read because you are friends of mine. Others read because you go to Waters Edge Church. Some of you have blogs of your own and we have met via the world wide web. There is one last group of people who read robshep.com. It's the people who stumble across my site via a google or web search. Some pretty funny searches have led people to robshep.com. Here are some of the recent searches that led people here.
  • 50 Reasons Why I Don't Sleep - I've never posted on this but it is getting me a canyon full of web traffic. I think it's stemmed from the post I did about 50 Reasons Why I Don't Own a Pet.
  • 50 Reasons Why I Don't Own A Pet - I'm not sure why anyone would search the world wide web for this, but apparently a lot of people are.
  • Is Chili Soup - Who knew this was such a popular debate? I posted this question on November 28 and it's still getting web traffic.
  • Stu Hodges on Twitter - Many a people are searching for my lead pastor on Twitter.
  • What Does A Possum On A Gum Bush Mean - You've got me? I've never posted on this, but thanks for stopping by.
  • Kelly Surveyed 10 of Her Friends. She Asked Them What Their Favorite Pet Was. Two People Said Rabbits, Three People Said Cats - I guess they got here because of my pet post. I'm just wondering if I should called Guinness Book of World Records because that was the longest keyword search in the history of the Internet.
  • Something Beautiful To Touch Me Married - I guess this is an ok thing to search for if you are married, but I'm scared. One of my favorite songs by NeedtoBreathe has the line "I just want something beautiful to touch me" but I don't think it's talking about another person.
  • Robshep.com Clay Aiken - I once got semi attacked in the comment section by some Claymates (Clay Aiken fans). For the record I have nothing but love for the former runner up to American Idol.
  • Prayer For Wrestlers - Back in March of 2009 I did a post on Wrestling. Apparently wrestling fans are big time Internet users because it sends a lot of people my way.

9 comments:

  1. when i think o you i usually think wrestling Rob...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. I found your blog when I searched on "Hair Club for Men". You might have noticed that I am thinning a little on top. I was searching for some answers and came upon your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, I understand that thought.

    Daniel, funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would have nothing but love for Clay Rob. You would.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'll confess my ignorance to the mechanics of blogging and web-search tracking...how do you know this? Do you have some kind of crazy big-brother tracking stuff on your computer? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave B, it's called StatCounter. It doesn't show names of who looked but it does count visitors. It also shows what the most viewed stats are and how people got to my blog. The amount of people doesn't really matter to me, but I do like to know that someone is reading. When I first started bloging no one left any comments. I didn't know if anyone was reading. Someone told me about statcounter and I've used it ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog because you mentioned it when you spoke at DNow at Concord a couple years ago. I wasn't blogging yet, but started blogging that summer and looked up your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rob, that's cool. I just wanted to make sure that if I was picking my nose while I was reading your blog, that you weren't watching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA! that whole Clay Aiken fiasco is very amusing... i missed that when it happened originally

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.