Friday, March 26, 2010

Making Time

When I talk about missing out on something I often say I didn't make time for it instead of I didn't have time for it. Most people I know are incredibly busy, but the truth is we all make time for what is important to us. For example...
  • I'm really busy but I still make time to watch TV.
  • I'm really busy but I still make time to blog 5 days a week.
  • I'm really busy but I still make time to read the Bible.
  • I'm really busy but I still make time to hang out with my wife.
  • I'm really busy but I still make time to hang out with my closest friends.

There are some things that I don't make time for, but it's not because I don't have time it's because I don't make time to do those things. They are not the priority in my life so I don't do them. The truth is that you make time to do what's important to you. Maybe it's Facebook, reading the Bible, playing video games, spending time with family, going to church, or investing in people, but we all make time for things that are a priority to us.

9 comments:

  1. Your distinction is true for a lot of us. Important difference between having time and making time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and Billy talk about this all the time. It's definitely true that people make time for what's important to them. Good post, good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merrick's new favorite phrase is, "I'm busy."

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dig this quite a bit. how very true it is

    but yeah, lemme know about next friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see going to the gym on your list of things you make time for...hmmm...

    So true about making time. However, it is easier to make time for things that don't take much effort (i.e. watching TV).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daniel, thanks. I don't know why but I was nervous about this post.

    AL, thank you.

    Billy, that's too cute.

    Jake, will do.

    Faith, very true. I should have put that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That'll preach. [ouch]

    --Terrace Crawford
    www.terracecrawford.com
    www.twitter.com/terracecrawford

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.