Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Transformers is a HUGE summer blockbuster directed by Michael Bay. Now in my opinion Michael Bay makes the best worst movies. He does a great job of creating eye candy special affects. He mixes those affects with intense action sequences. Most his movies lack character development and a plot. When you add it together he fools many people to think that he has created a great film. In my opinion there are elements of greatness but the lack of a good story makes it a really bad film.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is no exception. Many of you will love it...and that's ok. It has great special affects, and some cool action scenes. I on the other hand think that it was a plot less movie that looked cool. On a good side it was the funniest movie I've seen this summer. It has way more laughs then Land of the Lost which was supposed to be a comedy.

Transformers is rated PG-13 for language, intense action sequences, and Megan Fox's exploited body. Even if I loved the movie I wouldn't own it on DVD because of the way they pushed sexual images. I know guys love hot girls, but if you want to keep your mind pure then there a few scenes where guys should close their eyes. Call me old fashioned but I love my wife and don't want to have images of other women on my mind. I give it a thumb to the side.

Rob's Rating System: Two Thumbs up = I loved it, worth paying full price, and I will own it on DVD.
One Thumb up = An OK movie, worth a matinee showing, and I may buy it on DVD if I see it in the $5 bin.
Thumb to the side = Wait and rent it. I wouldn't be mad if someone gave me this DVD, but I wouldn't buy it.
Thumbs down = I hated it, wish I wouldn't have wasted money on it, wouldn't own it on DVD.

*Picture coming soon. The poster wasn't available at the midnight showing.

5 comments:

  1. What a well-written review. I wasn't planning on seeing it anyway, but content that didn't lose sleep making it a priority last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, i hate it when they do this with things i loved as a kid. who are they trying to attract?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, I think it will attract the average summer movie goer who doesn't analyze movies to death like I do. I think the hot girls, and action sequences will make people go back to see it again. A few years from now though people will realize that it's not a great story and they fell for the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. leave it to Michael Bay to maim & destroy my childhood. that movie was dirt... i was so disappointed. the majority of the humor was so low-brow and pointless... and those twin robots were as bad as Jar Jar Binks. such a let-down

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked it! I think though because I'm not a comic book person I dont really analyze it, I just enjoy it. I was not a fan of the words though and def think some of them should have pushed the movie to an R rating. Overall though I liked it a lot and will buy it.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.