Monday, June 15, 2009

Does Jesus Taste Like Chicken: Part 2

When I was a kid I watched a movie that said frog legs taste like chicken. It might have been a Muppet Movie...I don't remember. What I do remember is thinking that it was strange that frog legs didn't taste like frog they tasted like chicken. Come to find out people joke that any animal, other than pigs and cows, when eaten tastes like chicken.

Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. John 6:53-56

I don't think Jesus was being literal when He told us to eat Him, but on the other hand he says, "my flesh is real food." It just makes me ponder if I have to eat Jesus does He taste like chicken?

I know the easy answer here is to say that Jesus wasn't being literal, I think that is true, however in the verses that come after this the Bible says a large portion of Jesus followers left Him after He said this. Apparently they thought he was being literal.

To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. imagine the imagery for them...wonder the cultural conotations behind it...may have to google that one...interested to see where you are going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, like Brian, continue to stand by. And all the people said, where is ol' Rob going with this one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ate frog legs once, but they do not taste like chicken- not that I remember anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.