Monday, June 1, 2009

Bruised Lee

This past weekend I got jacked up. It started when I was doing a walk around Waters Edge new building. I was walking to pick up some trash that the contractors left and I stepped in ankle high mud. I was dressed for the service. I was wearing my new shoes. I washed it off with a hose and had a wet foot for the next four hours. I felt like Principal Rooney in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you don't know what I'm talking about watch the following clip. The mud part starts at 2:30. It's rated PG-13 for a few swears.



After that I skinned a chunk of skin off of my thumb. I snagged it while trying to tear off the plastic from a clipboard. Right after that I cut my thumb on a piece of cardboard. Same hand.

The next day I was trying to avoid stepping in ankle high mud and I fell on my face. I fell hard. I slammed the ground scuffing my new shoes, and jeans. I landed hard on my wrist. My wrist still hurts. It's probably broken. Ok it's probably not broken but it hurts. I also scuffed my hand and knee.

To close things out I have not one but two gumboils/canker sores/mouth zits or whatever you call them. They're right under my lip and they hurt like a mother. I blame this one on the stress of moving into our new building at Waters Edge. Right now I am a walking bruise.

6 comments:

  1. You know what they do to old or broken down horses, right? Please, for God's sake, stay away from the stables. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @daniel - glue factory! lol.

    Rob,
    i am laughing with you not at you. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Rob, I would have hated walking around with a wet shoe and sock for 4 hours! A constant reminder that your new shoes are no longer new! And how uncomfortable! Ugh! That is all funny now.... and since none of it happened to me. But like Brian said... we are laughing with you, not at you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe God is telling you not to wear shoes with dragons painted on them. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed your shoes during service and thought how great they looked.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.