Friday, March 12, 2010

Levels of Friends

Saying the word friend is like saying the word callipygian. What does it really mean? I have friends that I never call. I have friends that never call me back. I have friends that I haven't seen in years. I have friends that I tell everything to. I have other friends that I never tell anything personal. I think there are various levels of friends.
  1. Acquaintance Friends = Friends that you like but don't make the time to hang out with.
  2. High Maintenance Friends = Friends that you are close to but you can only take them in doses.
  3. Cyber Friends = Friends that either you stalk or they stalk you via Facebook, Blog, or Twitter. This is a person who is a friend according to the world wide web, but you don't have a relationship with outside of Cyberspace.
  4. Frenemy also spelled Frienemy = Friends that talk poo behind your back. You still get along with them but they will throw you under the bus when it drives by.
  5. Best Friends = Friends that you are closest too. This is probably a friend who is interested in things you are interested in because you are interested in them. These are my friends who ask about the Lakers when they don't give a rip about basketball. These are my friends who call just to say what's up. These are the friends that you can hang out with and not do anything. These are the friends who love you but aren't afraid to speak truth into your life.
  6. Need You Friends = Friends that only call when they need you. We all have them and we are all that friend to someone.
  7. Friends of friends = Friends that you are friends with because they are friends with one or more of your friends. You probably wouldn't hang out with them without your mutual friend but you like to hang with them when you do.
  8. Out Of Site Friends = Friends that when you or they are out of site you don't think about them. These are probably friends that live far away. Whenever you get together with them you pick right back up, but when you are gone they don't call.
  9. Work Friends = Friends that you have because you work with them. You hang out at office parties and have work in common. Most likely though this friend isn't someone you spend the weekend hanging out with.
  10. Spouse Friends = If you are single this is something you get to look forward to. When you are married you get your spouses friends. You better get along with them because your spouse cares a lot about them.

I'm thankful for friends...no matter what level they are on I like having them.

9 comments:

  1. thanks for calling back so quick...was on another phone call...will give you a call. today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we are cyberfriends and work friends. But, our relationship continues to grow and expand slowly and purposefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think we are out of sight friends eh? it sounds so sad cause we, with monica, used to spend so much time together...i guess that was 5 years ago :( time flys speaking of flying are yall still thinking about coming to texas soon???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah, I'd say we may be a mix between 1 and 7. We would like to hang out more, but don't often have time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? #1? According to #1 it says, 'You don't make the time to hang out with them...' You just said you don't often have the time. Let's just leave it at #7, it makes me feel better. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this post. Word verification. Eucks= e-ucks, something you get over email that is gross or disturbing. The cyber bully version of the e-card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Disturbing post, makes me look at what type a friend I am...and mostly not...good post, but one that makes you have to change things...thanks...think I'm a 3,6,8 kinda friend to you

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.