Thursday, December 23, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain is constipated with random thoughts. It's time to free up some space with another mind dump...

  • Christmas is just two days away. Can you dig it?!!!
  • I post Can you dig it a lot on Facebook/Twitter. It was inspired by something that I saw Shaq do when he played with the Lakers. Whenever they would win a championship he would yell, "CAN YOU DIG IT?!!!" It was inspired by the movie "The Warriors." For some reason that stuck with me and when I want to celebrate something I feel the need to add "Can you dig it?!!"
  • Christmas Eve with Waters Edge is tomorrow. Can you dig it?!!!
  • This Christmas Eve with Waters Edge is going to be "The Biggest Christmas Eve Ever." If you live within 9 hours of the 757 you should come.
  • Speaking Waters Edge...the new live worship CD with Phil Poteat and the Waters Edge band is now available to purchase.  Waters Edge is extremely blessed to have Phil Poteat. Not only is he creative and the editor of all our videos, he also has an amazing voice. That boy can flat sang. If you have bought the CD which song is your favorite?
  • My hands are chapped. In fact my knuckles have little spots of blood. I wish I could say it was from punching something. Not that I'm a violent person, but that just feels more manly then saying I have chapped hands. I guess I need to put lotion on them?
  • The last couple of weeks my lead pastor has been killing the shepherds in the Christmas story.  He's reminded us multiple times that they were low class.  Since my last name is Shepherd I thought it was only right that I come to their defense. This past Sunday I mentioned that in my research I found that shepherds were incredibly good looking people.  I also found that many scholars believe that shepherds were the first ninjas. That's not true, but I wish it were.
  • I love that Michael Vick is having a great year! Love it! Whenever someone has a story of redemption I love it. He made a mistake. He paid for his mistake. Now he has learned from his mistake and has become a better person.  He is killing it on the football field. Oh and he's from the 757!
  • The 757 has the most, best athletes that have served time in jail. Both Michael Vick and Allen Iverson hail from the 757. I'm not proud that they went to jail, but I dare you to find two better athletes who served jail time and then went on to have great careers.
  • The Lakers play on Christmas day.  It's a tradition. I've been watching the Lakers play on Christmas Day for years.  This year they play the Miami Heat. Last year they got killed by Cleveland on Christmas Day. The Lakers went on to win the championship, so if they lose it's not the end of the world. But I'd love it if they won!
  • I don't understand how purses work. Whenever my wife asks me to get something out of her purse it's like going to a different land. It's a mystical world filled with weird creatures. I don't know my way around it and it takes me forever to find whatever I'm looking for.  I basically have to take every item out of the never ending purse just to find what I'm looking for.  Most of the time what I'm looking for is the last item that I pull out of the purse.  My wife on the other hand can find whatever she is looking for on her first attempt.  I just don't get it.
  • I'm very excited about the gifts that we got for my nephews for Christmas.  Since they are 4 and 2 they won't read this post so I'll go ahead and tell you what we got them.  For Christmas we bought my nephews Star Wars  light up Lightsabers. I'm pretty excited about those gifts.
  • I've been playing some "Call of Duty" or as the teens say COD.  I prefer COD to Call of Duty because the word duty makes me laugh. I mean when duty calls you have to answer it.  I have very little COD video game experience. What I know is that almost everyone I know plays it. What I also know is that while playing other people online I die a lot. About ever other second I die. I'm glad that my confidence is not found in my ability to play this game. If it was I'd be really depressed. 
  • Since I hadn't played much of COD there were a few things that surprised me.  1. The swears in the game caught me by surprise.  I'm used to playing sports games or games for the Wii. I try to limit my exposure to swears and for some reason it didn't dawn on me that there would be some in a video game. 2. People that play that game swear a lot. I'm not saying all that play swear, but the ones that kill me sure do.  3. People who play that game will probably swear at me a lot. I don't have a fat clue what's going on in that game. I shoot people that are on my team and I rarely shoot the enemy. I may have to stick to playing sports video games. I'm good at those.
  • Lucky for me some good friends gave me NBA 2K11 for an early Christmas present.
  • My youth pastor from when I was in high school recently posted this on Twitter..."#MikeRowe, the #DirtyJobs guy, is the cranberry of TV. He's showing up in everything." That comment made me chuckle.
  •  I'm writing this mind dump while watching SportsCenter. Mike Rowe has shown up in a commercial for trucks and before SportsCenter ends I bet I'll see his "nice butt" jeans commercial. It's on every day.  
  • Speaking of my former youth pastor he recently celebrated 18 years of marriage! Congrats Chad and Chanda! 
  • My cousin from my wife's side of the family has released a Christmas single. She's one talented kid. The group that she is apart of is raising money. If you'd like to listen to part of the song click here. Her song is the second song, "Walking in a Winter Wonderland."
  • I'm excited to hang out with my family on my wife's side.  I don't get to see them that often and we are getting together for Christmas. Aunt Nancy is a regular to robshep.com. Hi Aunt Nancy.
  • Christmas came early for me. I got to hang out with my friend Chad Johnson (no not the football player). 
  • My wife is amazing. She made a bunch of yummy goodness for Christmas with our families. I love Christmas.
  • This week WEC members have been blessing the Waters Edge staff. Christmas cards, amazing food, and surprise visits have been at the offices all week. I love Christmas!
  • A couple of people even gave gifts to our twins. Love it!
  • Speaking of the twins they are due April 25 ish.  A friend recently told me that I better hope they are not born on April 20th.  April 20th is Hitler's birthday. Who knows that? Now I do thanks to my friend.
Whew...I feel much better now.

13 comments:

  1. I am an early bird and I love that you are too. Your blog makes me laugh first thing in the morning. I dig it!!!! I hope you and Monica have a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy your quiet Christmas morning together; next year will be filled with more excitement than you can even imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Themassonfamily, thanks for the comment. I am up early, but a lot of days I date a blog and have it come up first thing in the morning while I'm still sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny blog, babe. Thanks for the family shout outs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to clear some space indeed. Cool! Great and varied list my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob, my hands were doing the same thing, and it did look like I beat someone up with them. I got some Mary Kay satin hands and they were completely better the next day! I was amazed. I can hook you up if you need some.

    My son plays COD...you should ask him for his name. He keeps the volume down a lot. I hate watching him play and get killed. It sort of freaks me out--what if it were real?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wife is amazing at baking! And I think the chapped hands has something to do with your house-- I didn't have chapped hands until I went and helped her. Now they're still chapped.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What console are you playing COD on? I play too, on PS3. Oh and you're right about the swearing; When I play online, I use the mic but I mute the really profane people individually so I can hear the rest of the team. I used to get cussed out a lot when I didn't know how to play. They also assume I am a nine year old boy because of my girl voice. Every time I explain that I am a girl, someone says something like "oh. you're pretty good for a chick." But I guess if I was a nine year old boy, I wouldn't receive the same kudos. I like it when I end up in a match with British people though. They still use swear words, but it's not the same ones that are used here and some of them are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's because we washed our hands so much! That or the ice cold floor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS3. Let's try to kill each other some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Faith. I'd love to play Simeon. What is his name. I'll try to add him and look him up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rob - you crack me up! Wish I could be at the WEC service. Blessings to you and your family!! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI!!! back at ya, Rob! That's the 2nd time you've mentioned me on your blog. I'm starting to feel slightly famous. lol And you are correct.... I am a faithful follower. Makes me laugh even when I'm not in the best of moods. I can dig it! :) Keep up the good work, and looking forward to seeing you and Mon tomorrow night. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. April 20 is my wife Dianne's birthday so go easy on the Hitler stuff!!

    Merry Christmas Rob!!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.