Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Music

I love Christmas. I love the traditions of Christmas. I love the parties. I love the presents. I love that Christmas comes with it's own music. Now I've recently talked to some Grinches who have told me that they don't like Christmas music. In my opinion if you don't like Christmas music it is because you haven't heard the right Christmas songs. I recently made a Christmas mix to listen to in my car during the Christmas season.  I would bet that most people would enjoy listening to this CD. If you don't like Christmas music try some of the following songs...
  • Carol of the Bells - August Burns Red
  • Deck the Rooftop - Glee Cast Version
  • Go Tell It On the Mountain - Needtobreathe
  • Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - U2
  • I Celebrate The Day - Relient K
  • Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays - NSYNC
  • Feliz Navidad - David Crowder
  • Christmas Song - Dave Mathews
  • Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree - Miley Cyrus
  • Happy Christmas - Rebecca St. James
  • Christmas Lights - Coldplay
  • Christmas This Year - Tobymac featuring Leigh Nash
  • Better Days - Goo Goo Dolls
  • Last Christmas - Wham!
  • Angels We Have Heard On High - Relient K
  • Welcome to Our World - Chris Rice
  • Christmas in Hollis - Run DMC
  • Christmas All Over Again - Tom Petty
  • The Little Drummer Boy - Jars of Clay
  • Wish List - Neon Trees
  • The 12 Days of Christmas - Straight No Chaser
  • The Night Before Christmas - Brandon Health
  • All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey
Those are the songs that made my Christmas mix. What are your favorite Christmas songs?

12 comments:

  1. I like a BUNCH of those songs.... But I think the best Christmas "music" is listening to kids sing!!! Yesterday (since we're all emotionally on Winter Break already, anyway haha)....I blasted some kid's Christmas tunes on my SmartBoard in my classroom and my students went nuts dancing around, singing and laughing..It was awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised nothing by Perry Como or Bing Crosby made your list, or Menudo for that matter. Geez, and I thought you were hep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'm not that hip...I forgot Menudo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude...your christmas music list rocks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob I'm one of those so called grinches you speak of...very little Christmas music i enjoy. However I do like:

    Oh Holy Night- Josh Groban
    The entire Deck The Halls, Bruise Your Hand Cd by Relient K
    Both Advent CD's by Future of Forestry
    The Christmas Trilogy- Trans-Siberian Orchestra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike, you are not a grinch. The fact that you like some Christmas music puts you ahead of the people I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brian, thanks. Which Brian is this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just recently discovered someone I haven't heard of before on iTunes, Heather Henry. She's a Christian singer so all her songs are Christian based. Sounds great too. Haven't got anything of her's yet though. Another one that I like is a group called Celtic Woman. They have a great Christmas CD (also comes in music video form) called A Christmas Celebration - Live from Dublin. Of course my all time favorite is Mannheim Steamroller.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of Heather Henry. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. with the exception of Goo Goo Dolls Better Days, which might be my favorite song, even after listening to the mix, I still dislike Christmas music... I don't hate it, I would just never choose to listen to it given another option. On the mix there were about 9 I didn't mind of those 2 or 3 that I liked and only the one that I loved.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.