Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Christmas Present to My Wife

This year my wife and I made the very difficult decision to not give each other Christmas presents. Now this is really hard for us because we both LOVE presents. Even though it's a hard decision for us we know it's the wise choice. We are attacking our loan for in vitro fertilization.  We both hate debt! So far because of our budget and the cuts that we have made we have paid for one of our babies.  We are having twins and in other words we are half way done with paying off the loan. I keep reminding my wife (and myself) that we did get each other a Christmas present. It's in the form of two babies. We technically don't get to have our gifts until April 25, but it's my goal to have them paid for before they arrive. 

Since we aren't giving each other gifts I've been able to have a run on joke. Whenever we see something that either I really want or is just a ridiculous item I will say to my wife, "isn't this what you wanted for Christmas?" She will quickly respond by telling me that she doesn't want said item. I will then quickly respond by saying, "well I guess I have to take your gift back then because that is what I got you for Christmas." I've said it for video games, DVD's, ugly shoes, Christmas sweaters, and about 13 times while walking through Wal-Mart.  For some reason Monica never laughs at my run on joke.

Even though we are not giving gifts this year I recently saw something that I considered buying for Monica for Christmas.  I saw a commercial for this...
When I saw the infomercial for the Stop Snoring Chin Strap I thought that my wife would actually thank me for breaking our no Christmas present rule. I snore. I snore like a champ. This past week I've had a cold and according to my wife my snoring has gone to a whole notha level. I didn't end up buying the Stop Snoring Chin Strap, but after my wife reads this I wouldn't be surprised if Santa put one in my stocking. Christmas is this week. What's on your Christmas list?

7 comments:

  1. Funny... I wrote about my Christmas list, too... yours is a tad more noble, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a long time since Christmas was economically viable for me. If you run the numbers and do a detailed cost-benefit analysis, factoring in current economic forecasts and the exchange rate and market indicators and the gross national product, I have spent more than I've got in return since I was about 15 years old. I realize now that this is my fault. If I had just bought everyone fancy chin straps, I would have come out ahead. Poo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim is a snorer also so I feel Monicas pain, I have to sleep with ear plugs. and for the Christmas gifts We don't exchange them neither, We do not need a specific day to tell us to buy a gift, we do it thought the year on random days. Less stress of over buying that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I NEED to get my hubby one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...that's too funny. Maybe I should get one of those for Billy. I wonder if it would keep him from talking in his sleep? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just looks like a pair of tighty underwear... it's probably cheaper to just buy a pair of whitey tighties and wear them over you jaw... I'll get you a pair.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.