Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain is constipated with random thoughts. It's time to free up some space with another mind dump...

  • I hate it when the pigs smile. And yes I'm talking about Angry Birds.  If you haven't played it's the wildly addictive app for the iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Have you played?
  • I used to get really mad at those pigs, but now I'm starting to get frustrated with the birds. If they have birds that explode why don't they lead with that on every level. It would so help their attack against the evil pigs.
  • The Christmas party season has begun and it hit this week. On Wednesday I helped host The Waters Edge Student Christmas Party. Tab Hodges is the creative force behind the Student parties that I throw.  I'm pretty sure she throws the greatest parties in the history of the world. She could do it for a living...or at least for a reality TV show. She's amazing at throwing parties.
  • Yesterday a bunch of volunteers helped deliver 781 dozen doughnuts to public schools in Newport News, Hampton, and York County.  It was the annual WEC Doughnut Drop and it was amazing! We drop off a bunch of doughnuts, give them a thank you card, and some tickets for our Christmas Eve services.  My pastor, Stu Hodges, says that teachers don't get enough appreciation and we want to show them some.  Being married to a teacher I couldn't agree more. The teachers were very thankful!
  • I doughnut dropped with Realtor extraordinaire, Dan Peters, and AutoZone expert, Dave Johnson.  Dave's first words when we got into the car with 34 dozen doughnuts was, "at least if we get pulled over we've got nothing to worry about." That made me laugh. I mean what cop could pass up 34 dozen doughnuts. Lucky for us we didn't get pulled over.
  • On Friday the WEC staff are getting together for our annual Christmas party. It's always a good time.
  • Spirit Week is coming the WEC offices. Stay tuned for pictures.
  • I try not to talk junk when it comes to sports. I like to wait until my team wins the title. Celtic fans don't share my feelings. Every Celtic fan I know talks a lot of junk. They get really excited about a few wins for their team and a few loses for the Lakers. I like to remind them who won the last two titles. Just sayin.
  • This past Sunday we started "2 Ways To Give" at Waters Edge. Part of this is a canned food drive.  While talking about it during the welcome I mentioned that canned beats are gag nasty.  I held up a can of beats when I said it. The person who brought the beats that I held up talked to me after the service. They let me know that they eat, and like beats. My bad.
  • When shopping for a canned drive for homeless people it's important to remember that they are homeless, not tasteless. When I provide cans I go for the good stuff. I'm talking beans with bacon. Mmmm.
  • My hair has issues. I have no problem growing hair.  Uni-brow - check. Back - check. Nose - check. It's like I snort Rogain. I've even noticed it in my ears.  With all that hair it baffles me that I'm losing it on top of my head. I recently bought Nioxin hair products.  It's three products - shampoo, conditioner, and some foamy stuff. We'll see if it helps. If not I'm going to match my babies and be bald.
  • Speaking of babies...we found out that we are having twin boys. We are in awe of all the love and support people have shown us. If you are praying...THANK YOU!!!! The doc report was great and both babies were really healthy. This is a miracle!
  • A lot of people don't want to know the gender of their babies. We figured it would be a surprise if we know now or if we know later.  Knowing now helps us prepare for two babies. We want to take full advantage of the showers that we are going to have and knowing what our babies are will help. 
  • You can help decide what the greatest Christmas movie of all time is by voting on the newest poll at robshep.com.  As of now "A Christmas Story" has a slight lead over Elf and Home Alone.
  • Have you heard the new Coldplay Christmas song? It's good.  
  • Have you seen the Snuggie commercial where they sing to the tune of the "Macarena?" It's quit possibly the cheesiest commercial known to man.  Now, have you heard the song "Teach Me How To Dougie?" Snuggie's next commercial should be to the tune of "Teach Me How To Dougie." Your welcome Snuggie.
  • My wife gets an assist on that last dump. She told me she was going to teach me how to snuggie and it made me laugh.
  • I like winter time. I love the winter holidays. I love winter clothes. I just don't love winter weather. It's cold as a mother out there. 
  • For some reason weird noises sometimes come out of my mouth in the form of a yell when it's really cold. Something like "BRRRACKOBAMA!" Or "ROBSHEPDOTCOM IT'S COLD!" I know that yelling and heating myself aren't linked, but for some reason it helps. You should try it.
  • My mom recently bought me a memory foam pillow. It's 2 legit to quit. I have wrestled with bad pillows for a couple of years now. I just couldn't find something that I like. I love my new pillow.
Whew...I feel better now.

5 comments:

  1. Loves me a good mind dump. I also love thinking about my days in the mafia where "canned beats" were our usual way of dealing with trouble makers. Now, "canned beets", that's evil on a whole notha level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that weird screaming out nonsense thing when it is freezing too! OR when I hurt myself... it is better than saying something naughty.

    Also, I had a blast at the staff party! It was fun sitting with you. I only hope Stu didn't get sick from all the potatoes he ate! Hehe!

    And thanks for having twin boys... I can't wait to snuggle them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angry Birds is the greatest, and yet most distracting app ever. I love it and loathe it at the same time.

    Also, clever with the snuggie/dougie bit.... but my boy (not really MY boy) Alex Farnham beat you to it back in October (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESeTqjhZAtY)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.