Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Life With No Regrets

I often struggle to follow God. There is a part of me that wants to but there is always a selfish side of me that would rather...well...live for me. It'd be easier to not give 10% of our income to the local church. It'd be easier to talk poo about people behind their backs. Most days it'd be easier to not read my Bible. It'd definitely be easier to give into the temptation to lust. 

Whenever I give into the desire to stray from God I'm quickly reminded that even though it's easier it's not worth it.  It's easier to live for selfish desires, but selfishness always leads to regrets. Even though some days it's a struggle to follow God I never regret it. I never regret giving 10% to the church. I never regret encouraging someone instead of talking poo about them. I never regret when God speaks to me through the time I spent reading the Bible. I never regret resisting the temptation to lust.

I'm not perfect and more times then I'd like to admit I give into selfishness, but I always regret it. I don't know about you, but I hate living with regrets. Living for selfish desires always leads to regret. I've found that in this life living for God never leads to regrets. It's not easy, but obeying God equals a life with no regrets.

7 comments:

  1. Wisdom on display here. Pure, simple, and straightforward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Rob! Usually when faced with a decision, whether minor or life-changing, the harder, and usually more righteous, choice is typically only difficult for a moment. The long-term rewards of overcoming the difficulty of making the hard choice will be fulfillment and an increased self-worth. However, the easier, selfish choice will more than likely have harder consequences that will bite you in the bottom later on, making you feel guilty and full of regret. You are very right; It is certainly a struggle to be obedient, but definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's human nature to be self-centered, but if we look to God and ask ourselves if our actions are pleasing to Him we can overcome it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding your new poll... you forgot Scrooged.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or Brian, maybe I didn't forget Scrooged.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.