Monday, August 25, 2008

Sunday Reflections

Yesterday at WEC was a good day. Overall I would give it a A-. It was not our best day but I think there were some strong elements.

  • Worship started with Not to Us by Chris Tomlin and went into the chorus of Here is our King by David Crowder. It is a mix that we found from the Northpoint Live CD.
  • Meredith May did a good job with the welcome. I think during one service she said in your card is a chair. She meant to say in your chair is a card. She told me about it after one of the evening welcomes. Pretty funny stuff. The card was about our ground breaking service next week. It's going to be AWESOME! Speaking of the ground breaking service the end of the day ended with a video of Stu in a helicopter over our new land. Very cool stuff.
  • Worship then continued with Everlasting God as preformed by Lincoln Brewster. The set ended with Holy Yours by David Crowder. It seemed like this set engaged the crowd. The band was phenomenal as usual.
  • I gave the talk today. You can listen to it here. The talk concluded the series The Bod and God and I talked about the most powerful part of your body. I started the day wishing I could have the 9:30 service back. On Saturday night I had to change a story from my talk and I thought I replaced it with an equal amount of info, but I was wrong. With about 15 minutes left in the service I had completed my entire talk except for the closing challenge/prayer. I add libbed for about 12 of the those minutes and then concluded with the closing challenge/prayer. I don't think anyone noticed and I had a few people tell me that God spoke to them during that talk. It just shows that God has the ability to speak to people anytime the Bible is taught. In between the first and second service I switched some things up and added a story to the beginning of my talk. I felt good about the 10:55 and 4:45 (Servers Service). The 6:00 PM service was my best one of the day. I felt like I was the most passionate during this service. It also helped that the 6:00 PM service was so engaged. They were there ready to listen.
  • Stu was gone for the day but he made a funny appearance in a workout video. His outfit in the video received the biggest response...it was ha-larious.
  • That's it for this week see you next time.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it went well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, you are too hard on yourself. You are an excellent speaker and I enjoy listening to you. I thought you did a great job in the 10:55 service, and the things you said were right on target. I didn't see the other services, but I know you, you are a very entertaining and dynamic speaker, and I am sure that you did good. Thanks for all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teeny, thanks for the compliments! My ultimate goal in speaking is for God to speak to people through me. I think that happened even in the 9:30 service. I feel good about that. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at the 10:55 service too and I thought your talk was great! Loved the Brad pitt story!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.