Friday, August 8, 2008

This means a lot

Tonight I was checking my email and I received a great email from some friends from long ago. Years ago I worked at a little Baptist Church in Newport News VA. I only worked there for 7 months, but it was a great experience in my life (I was the interim youth pastor which basically means I was a long term sub after the youth pastor left and until the church hired the guy they wanted.)

The email was from a couple who worked with the students while I was at the church. For ten years they went through the struggle of infertility. God led them to adopt a beautiful girl who is now a huge part of their life. They sent great pictures of their daughter at Disney.

Through the years Monica and I have been very open about our desire to have kids and the process that we have gone through. We receive lots of kind words and advice, but the best thing that anyone can say to us is that they are praying for us. Tonight I was moved by the email that I read because my friends shared how they pray for us with their daughter every night. That's amazing! I haven't talked to them in 9 years and yet they are praying for us. They have never even met Monica and yet they are praying for us. It's easy to doubt God's love for us when He doesn't answer prayers, but it's just as easy to embrace His love when people represent Him well. Tonight my friends represented God well. I felt great love from that email tonight. Thank you Bill and Lisa!

1 comment:

  1. That is so amazing! What a wonderful e-mail to get in your inbox! Prayer is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.