Saturday, August 16, 2008

Six Flags...Maryland

On my birthday Monica and I went to Six Flags in Maryland with two of our favorite people. We all declared it the best worst day of our lives. Here's what that means. We had a blast. We laughed really hard. We had fun. It was a great day. Here's where the worst part comes in.

Six Flags in Maryland is a dump. I know that I am spoiled by having Busch Gardens so close (rated number one cleanliest theme park for like 10 years in a row), but what we experienced at Six Flags was amazingly bad.

Multiple rides had broken down seats. It doesn't make you feel very safe when the seat next to you has caution tape tied to it. This was the case for most of the rides we went on.



There were multiple rides that were broken all together.



I stepped in gum 3 different times. I have never stepped in gum at Busch.

Everything in the park needed a fresh coat of paint.

Every ride was operated by a teenager. Now don't get me wrong I love teenagers, but most of the time there was not an adult in site. We saw employees giving out Flash passes (no this is not a pass to see someone lift up their shirt and flash you...it's a ticket to skip to the front of the line and pick whatever seat you want...they cost money). The employees took a long time to do everything. We waited for every ride and it wasn't because of long lines. Nobody was at the park, but still we waited!

The sad thing is that the park has some great rides. If they would clean it up, keep it clean, and raise their standard of excellence then it would be a great park. I hope that whoever takes over Busch Gardens keeps it clean and continues to run the park with excellence.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer! I went to the Six Flags when I was in high school, maybe in Georgia. But I do not really remember much about it. I have a higher standard of excellence in my 30s, haha! Well, atleast you guys had fun anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to one other six flags and the shepherds have been to 2 others, all of them were nice parks. For some reason Six Flags let this one go to crap.

    I would still go again, there's something amazingly funny about your life hanging in the balance on a rickety roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.