Friday, August 8, 2008

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 Review

Guest Blogger: Monica Shepherd

Many of you have already judged this movie based solely on the title. I don’t blame you; however, it was a sweet story with a happy ending. Using Rob’s scale (he’s too manly to review this movie), I gave it “thumbs to the side”. I’ve attached Rob’s rating system at the bottom to refresh your memory.

Here are the reasons I enjoyed this movie. It was clean, focused on the importance of friendships, and my husband took me to see if for a date night. Most men would say no to this movie, but my husband loves me and is confident in his masculinity. The movie follows four best friends from high school to college, highlighting dating, family, and friendship ups and downs. I think I’m drawn to these movies because I have four best friends from high school (Shima, Erika, Britt, and Marie) who have enriched my life, challenged me, and supported me through everything. We are spread out all over the country, but we keep in touch and would drop anything to help each other. They are each unique, beautiful, full of class, and know how to enjoy life. If someone made a movie about us, it would have a cooler title than “Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” and we would probably make more money.


Rob's Rating System:Thumbs up = I loved it, worth paying full price, and I will own it on DVD.Thumbs to the side = An OK movie, worth a matinee showing, and I may buy it on DVD if I see it in the $5 bin.Thumbs down = I hated it, wish I wouldn't have wasted money on it, wouldn't own it on DVD.

1 comment:

  1. I still need to see the 1st movie! I somehow missed it! I am so behind!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.