Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Why I Respect Burger King


It's unhealthy. It makes you fat. It probably shouldn't be consumed, but Burger King has my respect. Other fast food places give you so called healthy options. In fact I recently read an article about a guy who lost a bunch of weight on the McDonald's diet. He is trying to become McDonald's version of Subway's Jared. Burger King says forget that. They know who they are. Fast food is supposed to be unhealthy. It stinks to go to a fast food joint and order something healthy. It stinks because you can smell the grease, but you don't get to taste it.

Burger King knows that and embraces their fast foodiness. Bigger, cheesier, meatier, and then add mayo is their mantra. Case in point the BK Stacker. It is now called the Stacker, but for years it was the Bacon Double Cheeseburger. Now was there anything wrong with the Bacon Double Cheeseburger? No! But they didn't want to settle for a mild heart attack they asked how can we cause full on cardiac arrest? The answer they came to is to add a cheesy sauce. But wait they didn't stop there. You can get a stacker with four patties of meat! I'm waiting for the BK Stacker with a fried bun. That's the only way to make that thing more unhealthy. I don't eat there often but when I do they earn my respect. Weigh in on this...do you respect Burger King or not?

9 comments:

  1. Though a comment regarding food is not exactly reliable coming from a cadet, I find Burger King delicious. Most of the time when I eat fast food, I don't ponder what I'm eating, I just eat it. It helps me forget the fact that fast food is about as healthy as snorting wasabi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whopper beats the big mac hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burger King has the fast-food burger category locked down..... which is good.. because it makes up for their less-than-desirable dessert items, Strawberry soda, and.. chicken fries? Fries aren't broken, don't try to fix them. But I agree with Brian.. Whopper > Big Mac

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought we had confirmed that Hardees was the fattiest. They're the ones who make all their comercials gross and greasy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Court...that is the same thing Dan said. Problem is I never eat at Hardees, so I don't know how they compare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having enjoyed a Whopper JR (attempt to be less fatty!) and a small fry for dinner, I obviously respect BK. They have amazing french fries and onion rings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heart BK.

    Jake, if you've never tried BK's dessert pies you're missing out. People often like MCD's apple pie things... that's only because they've never tried BK's Dutch apple pie. Their pies are delicious. I also like their shakes, so I actually think they're respectable even in the dessert category.

    I would also like to ad that I think the whopper Jr. is the best
    .99 burger out there. Double cheesburger, is on it's level, but the meat is better and I like the compexity of flavors with all the fixins' of the whopper Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm... i'll haveta investigate these dessert pies. forgot about the milkshakes, they do hold up their end of the deal quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK here's an interesting fact - BK is called Hungry Jacks in Australia!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungry_Jack%27s

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.