Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thanks

Here are some things that I am thankful for this week...

  • My wife - If you follow robshep.com regularly then you know that last week Monica surprised me with tickets to the Lakers vs. Wizards game. What you don't know is she used the money she had been saving to buy herself her Ugg boots. She's amazing!!!
  • Christmas Storyland at Waters Edge. I love Christmas and I love celebrating it at WEC. If you live anywhere near Yorktown, VA you should be there this Sunday.
  • I'm thankful that I didn't fart during powercut. Powercut is the workout class that I have been going to. It's a room full of ladies and today the instructor had us doing lots of exercises with our legs in the air.
  • The Dark Knight came out on DVD today. This was my favorite movie of the year!
  • I'm thankful my grandma sent our Christmas package already and it had $20 bucks so I can buy the Dark Knight.
  • I'm thankful for Tim Insley. Tim is in my Community Group at Waters Edge. If it were not for him I would have dirty air filters in my house. He not only encouraged me to change them he went out and bought some new ones for me.
  • I went to lunch with this guy and had a good time.
  • I'm thankful for my parents. Today is their anniversary. Thanks for modeling what it's like to have a great marriage.

What are you thankful for? Leave a comment.

3 comments:

  1. I bring sad news. The "mask" @ Best Buy is indeed a replica... not an actual mask you can wear. Also, at Wal-Mart they have a Two-Face coin on-pack that you can buy.... but another disappointment, it's only with the one-disc version. Lame! But then I realized... Jake.. you're asking for too much, because you're already getting the best movie ever... anything else is just fluff. Also, the cashier threatened to show me a magic trick if I didn't get over it and buy the movie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful to be celebrating 36 years of marriage to a great husband who is an all around wonderful person. I'm thankful for grown children who are doing interesting, productive things. I'm thankful for good health and a job I love. As we approach the Christmas season, I'm glad to be an insider. Christmas can be enjoyed from different perspectives, but knowing Jesus makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool (and varied) list. Lots to be thankful for, praise God.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.