Friday, December 26, 2008

Movie Review - Bedtime Stories

Adam Sandlers new movie is cute for the family. It's PG

but for some reason our theater said it was PG-13. It's in the same category as Night at the Museum. It's family friendly. If you are bringing the kids to the movies then this is a good one for you. If you don't have kids then go see something else and wait for DVD.

Bedtime Stories is about a janitor who ends up babysitting his sisters kids. Each night he tells them stories and the next day the stories come true. Cut premise, fart jokes, and Adam Sandler make it a good family movie.

Rob's Rating System: Two Thumbs up = I loved it, worth paying full price, and I will own it on DVD. One Thumb up = An OK movie, worth a matinee showing, and I may buy it on DVD if I see it in the $5 bin. Thumb to the side = Wait and rent it. I wouldn't be mad if someone gave me this DVD, but I wouldn't buy it. Thumbs down = I hated it, wish I wouldn't have wasted money on it, wouldn't own it on DVD.

2 comments:

  1. okay Rob. We saw the movie and it was good. A few laugh out loud "thunny" (bee stung tongue speak for funny) moments. So thanks for the NY Eve movie suggestion. We didn't leave "cranky" (get it?)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie has been out for a long time and still I have not
    seen it. Adam Sandler is one of my most favorite actors of all time and I hate
    that I missed seeing "Bedtime Stories" in theaters. My co-worker from
    DISH told me to rent it from Blockbuster's website. As an employee for DISH I can say that we are giving 3 months
    free of Blockbuster to new customers that come to DISH.  You get unlimited
    movies, games and TV shows through the mail and 5 in-store exchanges with the
    new promotion. http://bit.ly/kzed79

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.