Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve @ Waters Edge

So Christmas Eve at Waters Edge is over. It was a lot of work, but I think it was well worth it. I'm amazed at all the time and energy everyone gave. I talked to one volunteer who took off two days of personal vacation to help us run production. The Waters Edge band gave up three nights this week dedicated to Christmas Eve. I'm humbled to be a part of such a great team of people! I think God was honored with this night! Here are some pictures.

Here I am shooting some Chick-Fil-A cows during the Waters Edge Preshow.

Our band rock'd it!
Here is Brooke rock'n the crowds face off.

Stu, hit a home run with his talk! I think many people were challenged to be changed by the light of the world...Jesus.

These drums were sweet.


Here if Phil leading worship while being painted. Phil is the man!




One tradition that we have for Waters Edge Christmas Eve services is that we close the service with the classic song Oh Come Let Us Adore Him.



At the very end of the service Stu prays and the staff come out on stage to say Merry Christmas and wave to the crowd.
I loved this night!

7 comments:

  1. That's So awesome Rob! That was really incredible what you all put together! Great job! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya dun good WEC. I know our Lord was honored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed the live service...is there a way to see it now? I knew if I didn't set a timer I was going to forget...this darn time difference makes life hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was amazing! I was so blessed to be a small part of what God did that night! What a great leadership team WEC has to put it all together! Thanks Rob for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your hard work. It was an amazing afternoon. I went to the 5:00 and wished I had gone to the 3:00 just so I could stay and see it again. It is great to be a part of a church that God has his hand on and the Christmas Eve service was definate proof of that. It did leave me with regrets that some of my family did not make it. It was the highlight of my CHristmas and I would have loved for them to experience it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was an amazing service! I loved the entire thing! I get very emotional during this service every year. I hear the first beat of music and I get tears in my eye. I just know how much hard work and passion goes into the night! I am very proud of my Bub and the whole staff at our church for making this happen!

    Also, it was really amazing how much of my family came out for the service! At my family's party after the service, you could hear different conversations going on between people about the service! It was so cool!

    And the pictures are awesome! Thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was definitly worth all the work! I wish I could watch it all again! Thanks for posting the pictures Rob. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.