Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Superlatives

The Super Bowl was a great game. The commercials were decent. The halftime show was lame. I blame Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson for this. Ever since their infamous wardrobe malfunction the halftime show has been old men in concert. Anyway I thought I would give out some superlatives for the Super Bowl.

Best highlight: The longest play in Super Bowl history...the interception for the touchdown.
Funniest Commercial: The Doritos commercial with the guy and the crystal ball.
Most Awkward: Bruce Springsteen sliding on his knees and hitting the camera with his crotch.
Favorite Commercial: The G.I. Joe preview.
Most Surprising: Hearing TobyMac being played as the Cardinals took the field.
Most likely to succeed: The Office after the Super Bowl...it was ha-larious.
Most disappointing: The commercials overall. GE needs to save their money and not make Super Bowl commercials. I also think that the beer commercials with the horses were a wast of money.

Overall it was a great night. Are there any superlatives that you would give out for the game?

7 comments:

  1. Best headache this morning: the kick holder for Pitt

    Worst commercials: Godaddy.com, seriously. Or the Conan commercials.

    Best celebrity in worst outfit, making them look really old: Cuba Gooding Jr.

    Fastest Man on the field: Larry Fitzgerald (that boy can run)

    Worst movie preview: Land of the Lost...I am disappointed. I loved it as a kid and this looks horrible. Makes me want to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with everything but the half time show. I thought Springsteen and the E Street band really brought it last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott, a rift may have just been created between us, my friend.

    I thought the game was great, the commercials were ok, so dittos there. I enjoyed seeing the G.I. Joe and Transformers previews.

    And, speaking of old men, Paul McCartney was awesome the year right after the infamous wardrobe malfunction. You can't knock a Beatle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. most awkward for real! i laughed so hard cause it made me laugh..did he just mean to do that?? :) oh bruce, ahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best Outfit at our Party: Carlyn Henry aka Miss Alaska

    Best Snack Brought: Jamey Menser's little hot dogs wrapped in croissant pieces. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best use of the terrible towel: Brian Miller

    The commercials weren't great but that wasn't a surprise. I was watching the game anyway and that was awesome! I'm sooo glad the Steelers won!

    ReplyDelete
  7. agreeeed with brian... those godaddy.com commercials were terrible

    ditto on the GI Joe preview.... i was very pleased.

    best commercial is between the careerbuilder commercial (with the koala being punched in the face) and the pepsi max (?) commercial with all the guys taking a ton of pain.. but unable to deal with diet soda

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.