Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Today is Friday the 13th Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnn.

I guess because of the movie, "Friday the 13th" Part 1 through 256, today has some superstition around it. There are other superstitions out there. For example black cats, walking under a ladder, and breaking a mirror. I recently learned that most hotels don't have a 13th floor. Many hotels will go from the 12th floor to the 14th floor. Apparently the 13th floor has so much superstition around it people don't want to stay there. It has me wondering what superstitions do you have?

7 comments:

  1. I have a few superstitions. One of the big ones is that I've heard it's bad luck to walk through a the lion sanctuary at Norfolk zoo with a steak tied around your neck. I've never tried it, but having the desire to buck ridiculous folklore I'm looking into the legistics of such a feat. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you can call this a superstition, but I never say things out load like "Man, I'm having a great day". Because, I know if I say it out load, my great day will turn to a lousy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to cross my fingers at big moments when my team needs help. It makes a difference I tell you! Stop looking at me like that. AAAARRRGGG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am locked in my basement right now with provisions and computer as I know the world is coming to an end today. Ok, just kidding...I stop watching basketball sometimes as I know my watching truly affects the game...butterfly affect and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roadside surgery... You don't have your own instruments
    It's practicaly murder

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm superstitious that if i make fun of someone having car problems on the side of the road.... I'll break down or blow a tire within minutes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that if I bring an extra guitar with me, I won't break a string. It comes from years of breaking strings while not having a backup.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.