Sunday, February 8, 2009

W.A.T.G.

It takes about 25 minutes to get to my friends, Dan and Danielle's, house. It's a long trek, but well worth it. A few months ago my wife and I invented a game to help us pass the time during the long drive. We call it W.A.T.G. (pronounced wat-gu).

For some reason there are always people walking down this really long street called Jefferson Avenue. It doesn't matter what time of day, or how cold or hot it is. Every time we leave Dan and Danielle's we make our guess at how many people will be walking. The last time we played Monica guessed 7 and I guessed 9. There were exactly 7 people walking at 12:20 something AM. It's a fun game that I think will soon sweep the Hampton Roads area. W.A.T.G. stands for Where Are They Going?

We don't understand why anyone would be walking outside in the cold past midnight. Sometimes they have grocery bags from 7-11. Sometimes they are making new friends on the corner...normally new lady friends. Sometimes they are just enjoying their walk down Jefferson. I don't know why they are walking, but I'm glad they are because this is a fun game.

3 comments:

  1. You can make it to our house in 25 minutes? That seems aweful fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time wave when you drive passed me...Funny I play WATD...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I go to concerts, I play WDB, or Who Doesn't Belong. For example, a granny in a wheelchair at a death metal concert.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.