Monday, February 23, 2009

The Robscars

The Oscars were last night. I'm glad that Slumdog Millionaire and Heath Ledger won. Being a big movie fan myself I thought I would celebrate my favorite movies of 2008. I now present to you the first ever Robscars. And the winners are...

BEST MOVIE I SAW IN 2008
The Dark Knight

SECOND BEST MOVIE I SAW IN 2008
Slumdog Millionaire

TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Two - I saw this with my wife...hence the award I took one for the team.

WORST MOVIE I SAW
The Punisher: War Zone

WORST MOVIE I DIDN'T SEE
The Love Guru

MOVIE THAT DESTROYED EVERYTHING I KNOW AND LOVE ABOUT INDIANA JONES
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

BEST ANIMATED MOVIE
Kung Fu Panda

MOVIE I DIDN'T SEE BUT I STILL QUESTIONED THE NEED FOR A SEQUEL
Step Up 2

BEST COMEDY
Baby Mama

FAVORITE SUPER HERO MOVIE THAT DIDN'T HAVE BATMAN IN IT
Iron Man

And there you have it the first ever Robscars. Do you have any favorite movies that didn't make the list?

9 comments:

  1. Ummm... Step UP 2 TOTALLY needed a sequel. Best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only movie on your list that I saw was Kung Fu Panda. Seems I need to get out more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney, seriously? This makes me question everything you've ever said about anything.

    Watched Slumdog Millionaire last night Rob, it was excellent. I especially liked it because I had just read a fictional book about an Indian "entrepreuner" that had many of the same themes and settings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan as much as I liked Step Up 2: The Streets, I would have to say Slumdog Millionaire was the best movie by far this year. It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see the best Land Before Time movie up there. I personally thought "Barney Takes over China II: The Return of Evil Baby-Bop" should have made the list too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim...killing me with laughter.

    Really need to see Slumdog Millionaire. With you on most, including Indy. Horrible. Made me sad.

    Suggest renaming Robscars...as it sounds like a bad disease or the result of a flesh wound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a comedy and love story kind of Gal! So here were my favorites for 2008 not in any order and just because I liked them doesn't mean that I thought they were appropraite. Sex and the City, Step brothers, Four Christmas', Marley & Me,Baby Mama (WOOOWOOO).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good call Carlyn, I total forgot about Marley and Me. It's way up there for me also, although I don't know that you can call it a comedy, unless you're thinking about the classical definition of comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought WALL*E was better than Kung Fu Panda, but Kung Fu Panda was good.

    My favorite movie that I saw was Slumdog although The Dark Knight was my second choice.

    You still need to see Doubt though. You should get it when it's on DVD.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.