Saturday, February 28, 2009

God doesn't love you Part Two

God doesn't love you anymore if you do something for Him, and He doesn't love you any less if you don't. I've been extremely blessed because of my relationship with God. He's given me a an amazing wife, a great church, a loving family, and great friends. More than that He's blessed me by allowing me to know His son. I'm blessed. But I've also gone through hard times in life. I've been depressed, hurt, and broken hearted. It's during those hard times that I often question God's love for me. Like a spoiled child I wonder why should I serve Him if He's not going to protect me from pain and sorrow.

Hard times in life remind us that pain comes to all people. Loving God doesn't mean you will escape heartache. In this world you will have trouble! In times of pain and sorrow God uses things like the church, and the Bible to help remind us that He is in control. It reminds us that He does love us, and He does have a plan...even if we can't see it. I read the Bible, and go to church not because it makes God love me more. I do those things because it helps me to love God more. Loving God doesn't make God love us more. Loving God doesn't change God's perspective of us...it changes our perspective of Him.

5 comments:

  1. I am blessed by God's love everyday. I think you are right about serving Him, it is one of the ways I am blessed. I am honored to serve the Lord. I am blessed to know His Son. Thanks for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog... I think people naturally think that they have to do things to know and be loved by God... a gift we don't feel we deserve is often the hardest to accept greatfully. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! it can be easy to be dulusioned that you must work for God's love. that's the way the world works right. i am amazingly blessed to be loved by God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "He does have a plan...even if we can't see it."
    That's what Kid Kraze talked about today. I love knowing that God knows the end of my story and He has it worked out already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't have to do things to earn God's love but I do believe you have to serve God in one way or the other in order to recoginize his blessings. Great blog Rob.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.