Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Attack of the Clones

Did you hear about the Florida couple who had their dead dog cloned? I heard about this today and it blew my mind. The couple payed $150,000 to have their dog cloned. Seriously? Maybe it's because I don't own a pet but this seems crazy to me.

Question: If you had the money who or what would you clone?

Rob's answer: My wife Monica. I assume the clone would be injected with miracle grow so it would be the same age as her. Currently Monica is pretty stressed with her class load at William and Mary. She juggles a lot. She is a great wife, a Student Community Group Leader at church, volunteers on Sundays at church, works full time as a fourth grade teacher, and she is getting her masters at William and Mary. Whenever Monica gets stressed I would insert the clone to help her. The clone could type as Monica dictated a paper, clean the house so Monica could relax, and fill in for Monica at her job from 8:00 to 9:00 AM so Monica could sleep in a little.

10 comments:

  1. a solider turned bounty hunter and then plot to take over the galaxy...

    can not imagine anything good coming out of cloning an entire person...jealousy maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't say that I would want anything cloned. I have people that I miss but I don't think I would want a clone of them, it might ruin the memory I have of them.
    I can think of better ways to spend $150,000.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I these folks make a strong argument. I wonder if I can get my deposit back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would clone my bank account and not spend the $150,000. With that I will hire someone to clean Monica's house, go to the gym for me and to be my personal assistant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No clones. Have you seen multiplicity? Funny movie, but cloning ends badly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with the no-cloners. I'd adopt like 3 kids instead and put the rest away for college for my 4 kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just can't get behind cloning. It doesn't seem right and I don't have any scientific reasons. I mean, if you were to clone a person, does it have soul, or not? And, if not, then...ewww -- kind of creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm shocked. Normally the coedians come out to leave comments. I thought for sure everyone would have fun with this and come up with some funny answers. I think everyone has seen too many clone movies. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd clone all five members of New Kids on the Block. This way Nicole and I could have personal concerts at least twice a week. Not ashamed.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.