Friday, April 10, 2009

Pay the Price Part 1

I've found that if you want great things you have to be willing to pay the price. Sure you can have good things, but if you want something great it's going to cost. The truth is that if you don't pay the price for something great, you will pay a price in the long run.

I once bought a shirt at Wal-Mart. I was young and not making a lot of money. I saw a shirt that looked just like the shirt I wanted at Structure (do you remember Structure?). The first time I wore it I got a lot of compliments. I wouldn't tell anyone where I got it from but that's besides the point. After wearing this shirt once I washed it. After washing this shirt once I threw it away. It shrunk, strings popped out from the buttons, and the color faded. I got what I paid for.

Great things come with a cost. You are either going to pay the cost now or you will pay the cost later. You pay a price later because cheap knock offs are never as good as the real thing.

To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't give up on the occasional Walmart item of clothing based on that one experience. Not sure if quality has improved or what, but I occassionally will buy clothes I think look good from Walmart and they typically last nearly as long as clothes from anywhere else.

    You can definitely overpay for a name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have found a few good buys at walmart over the years. what about the importance of who made teh shirt? human rights vs. our need for fancy clothing? is it the cost of the clothes, the comfort, or the conciousness of the world around us...i went way off your point, sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We buy clothes at Walmart. We never have a problem. My kids have LOTS of clothes from there. I have never been a brand name girl, I could care less what the tag says, as long as it looks nice and is a good price!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.