Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter At Waters Edge

The two Easter services at Waters Edge Church were wicked awesome! Here are some thoughts.
  • The day started early. Many volunteers had to be there at 5:30 AM. I loved seeing our volunteers in action. I'm blown away with how much they gave to make everything come together.
  • One of our volunteers catered breakfast. They had a concession stand making hot eggs, bacon, sausage, toast etc. AMAZING!
  • We did, not one, but two egg drops. Thousands of eggs dropped from a helicopter. Thousands of kids collected them after they dropped.
  • Jake Miller helped raise the bar for this year's egg drop. I heard many people say how much better it was than last year's...and last year's was great.
  • I was blown away with the services. We don't have official numbers but over 300 people asked Jesus to become a part of their life. That made all the hard work more than worth it.
  • Lead Pastor, Stu Hodges, did an outstanding job with the presentation. God used it.
  • As always Phil Poteat and the Waters Edge band rocked my face off. They were fabulous.
  • I'm tired. I might sleep for days.
Pictured above: Scott, Rob, and Harvey playing the trash cans for the
opening song Magnificent by U2.
Pictured above: Scott, Kevin, and Nate playing the buckets
on the opening song.

Pictured above: Phil Poteat makes his entrance.

Pictured below: Busted...a segment I did with Stu.
Pictured below: I played the role of a spy. The segment was video from hidden
cameras. I caught random people from the audience in the act of embarrassing moments
and busted them.
Pictured below: Stu opened his presentation on the hood of a car.


Pictured below: Stu illustrated how our lives are busted by beating the mess
out of the car. It was great.


17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. I was wondering why no one was there when I arrived at 5:00a.m. And, I never saw the catered breakfast area! It was an awesome service. I loved your spy move as you rolled on the stage! My sister was one of the ones who stood. How great that was. I love WEC & all the staff & people who make up the church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hot. sounds like today went great! great job bro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds completely awesome!! Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob... today really was an amazing, indescribable day!
    I speak for Scott and I when I say we felt like part of the church helping out today voulenteering for our respective positions. It was amazing being part of something so HUGE! There is NO WAY that GOD wasn't a part of this!!!
    My dad was one of the ones who stood, and I can't BEGIN to tell you how much that means!!!

    AWESOME

    p.s. LOVED LOVED LOVED the barrel roll onto the stage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud that WEC is my church. The opening song was amazing, but at the end of the service I was blown away as I tried to count people that stood. The staff worked really hard this week and it showed. Thanks for all you do Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome service today Rob - I really feel like something clicked today...I'm always learning something new about myself and God with every service. Had three generations of my family there today too and I'm so glad that Waters Edge is able to connect with each one in a special way in order understand more about Jesus's and God's love for all of us. Just wanted to say thanks and well done...p.s. I'm totally with Jessie on the "Shepherd...Rob Shepherd" bit :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great day, thanks for all your help Rob, you were amazing this weekend as always, your bit with Stu was hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The service was AMAZING! I am so honored that god has allowed me to be a part of this church. The band was crazy good. My Bub is an amazing band leader and I think he was quite a good dancer today, hehe! All the band really great stage presence! Stu was amazing! The car made for a great illustration of our busted lives. Your spy bit was very funny! I love when you guys get up there and play off of each other, it is always very funny! It was really cool for me in another way this year. Eden sat with me in the service. It was cool to see it through her eyes. She could not even fathom that there are adults in this world who do not know Jesus. She was amazed at how many people stood up and gave their lives to Christ. I cried, it was a very emotional sight to see! God is amazing! It was a great day! The WEC staff and all the hundreds of volunteers are awesome! So thankful to be a part! Great pictures too, Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is AWESOME!! Praise Jesus! What ya'll are doing is phenomenal! Yeah God!

    Jen Lane Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pics Rob! Who is this other Rob you mention?! Waters Edge is the best. What an incredible Easter Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. today was incredible. i seriously can't believe we get to be a part of what God is doing here. over 300 people gave their lives to Jesus today, dude. every single one of those people are why we do what we do.

    you did a great job today... loved the "busted" segment. the line of the day... "thanks... it's a rental." classic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rob...this weekend was the first time that I've felt like I was part of a larger family. Thanks for giving me something like this to be a part of. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredible service in every way--preparation, execution, and results were phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you smashed a car on the stage on easter sunday???

    you guys can't be baptist!!!

    huge congrats on a powerful advance for the kingdom

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sunday was so exciting! I am so glad I got to be a part of it! I love working with the staff and volunteers and then seeing the results!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love what you guys are doing at WEC bro - and it was awesome to get some hang time over the Easter weekend - thanks for making the effort to trek out to the sticks of Gloucester...so glad God continues to allow us to stay great friends through the years.
    And you know I taught you that Barrel Role from back in the day when we played GI Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't say enough awesome things about WEC!! I must bring it up to people I know atleast once a week. It is a truly special church and I miss it so much. Thanks to y'all being technologically savvy I get to still be a part of it from far away. Is it possible for the Water's Edge band to be online as well?? I miss me some Keren Karslake and the Water's Edge Band:)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.