Monday, April 20, 2009

Texas, Weddings, and Large Pink Panties

My wife (Monica) and I had a great trip back to Texas this past weekend. We lived there for two years while I was in school becoming a Master. We went to a wedding for one of our good friends. It was great being back there. Here are some thoughts on the trip.

  • I love the food in Texas, but it doesn't always love me. The first two days there I got a rumbly in my tumbly. It was worth it though.
  • Texas is HUGE.
  • We visited the seminary I went to in Ft. Worth. It brought back so many memories.
  • I love going back to places. It causes me to reflect on where I've been and who I've now become.
  • We stayed with some great friends. On our first night there we found this in our bed...

  • That is one big pair of underwear. After laughing for a few minutes we ended up putting them in the freezer. I figured they would randomly show up all weekend long. I didn't see them again so on our last morning there I made our host pull them out again. He had a plan to replant them but he kept forgetting.
  • The wedding was beautiful. It was an outdoor wedding. There were thunderstorms all day long. It stopped just in time for the wedding.
  • I love it when the wedding is only one of many highlights in a marriage. Too many people get all amped for the wedding but not the marriage. Our friends are going to have a great marriage!
  • We visited our former church Fellowship Church. It was great to be back, but I missed being at Waters Edge.
  • Monica got to visit one of her favorite stores in the world...Sam Moon. She got some very nice jewelry there. Sam Moon is an experience that I need to blog about. Thousands of woman going crazy of jewelry.
  • On our last night there we were able to visit some more friends from seminary. It was a fun night catching up and laughing.
  • The airline lost our luggage on the way back home.
  • I loved our trip back to Texas!

3 comments:

  1. that sounds like an AWESOME trip. defiantly one of those place I'll have to go in my lifetime. Although i HOPE that wherever i stay... there aren't any mysterious giant pink panties involved!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a great time! please, don't stories up just so you can post pics of your underwear rob. what an exhibitionist. love TX! love the food. love the people. glad you made it back before they succeed from the union.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't say thanks enough! It meant alot yall being there...and it is more than the day..thank goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.