Friday, April 3, 2009

Day of Lists Part 1

THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE
  • Write a book. My goal was to write it on my days off this year. We are in April and I've written a paragraph. I stink at goals.
  • See the Los Angeles Lakers play in every NBA arena. 5 down. 25 to go.
  • Speak at Liberty University. This is my Alma Mater. They bring in speakers 3 times a week for convocation. I want one of those spots.
  • See U2 in concert. I am one step closer to this goal. They are coming to Charlottesville VA and I bought a ticket.
  • Not lose all the hair on my head.
  • Sing/rap onstage with TobyMac. I had an opportunity to do this and I blew it. At a smaller concert (it was after the main concert at a different location, and there were only a couple hundred people there.) He asked for someone to join him on the stage. He picked a song that I didn't know all the words, so I didn't volunteer. The guy he did pick didn't know all the words either and it became awkward.
  • Have Andy Stanley (pastor and author) leave a comment on my blog.
  • Grow to be 6'3". I've been praying this since I was in middle school. I believe that if God can part the red sea he can make me tall.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting goals. Parents often have goals for their children that differ. Here's a reminder of goals fulfilled from a parent's perspective: Become a Christ follower and grow strong in the Lord. Surround yourself with influential Christ centered friends. Become independent in a productive career suited to your talents. Assume spiritual leadership. Marry well in terms of a person who complements you and shares your core beliefs, values, goals, and vision.
    It's great to have goals and better yet to see them fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.