Friday, April 10, 2009

Pay the Price Part 2

I've never owned a nice personal computer. I've never been willing to spend the money to get something good. I'm thankful for the computers that I have owned, but I've had to pay a price. The first computer I owned died a quick death a few years after I bought it. My current computer was donated to me. Sure, it randomly decides to shut off without giving any warning. Sure, it's big and takes up a lot of space. Sure, it's not a Mac...But I'm thankful for it.

The point is you get what you pay for. I can't expect my current computer to be great because I didn't pay a high price for it.

I'm not saying that we should get into debt and buy things that we can't afford. I'm not saying that we should be consumeristic and try to keep up with whoever the Joneses are. I'm just saying that if you want something great it's going to cost you something.

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Now, I did spend a good amount of money on my Mac laptop. But it has been faithful and of course it has had a few issues, but I love it and feel like it was worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology is one of those areas that is a challenge to find a bargain. Last year's models have some good prices, but things change so quickly that last year's model is outdated. Unfortunately, the new models may have flaws that haven't been worked out. I don't want to pay a big price for newer elements that haven't been refined. I'm just not that savy in this area, so I have learned to shop with a friend who knows about computers rather than trust my own judgment. This is a savings because I am steered toward quality in essentials but learn what nonessentials I wouldn't use and don't want to pay for.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.