Friday, April 10, 2009

Pay the Price Part 6

My wife and I try not to use our credit card. It's too easy to pay the price now and use the credit card, but you always end up paying a bigger price later.

It's really hard for us to say no to things that we want. We both like nice things. The thing that has worked for us is that we save for what we want.

When we first moved into our house we didn't have blinds on any of the windows. It was weird being able to see people outside. It was probably pretty weird for them to see us when we walked around the house naked. Just joking...I don't do that. Anyway we saved up and bought the blinds we wanted...it took a while but we did it....one room at a time.

Our house is still a work in progress. We waited two years to get the dining table we wanted. We paid the price of not having a dining table so that we could pay the price of the dining table without going into debt. It takes discipline and we are not always good at it.

It's hard to want something and have to wait for it, but I would rather pay that price then have to pay the price of credit card interest.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Friend.. Interesting post.. Do keep up the good work.. Visit my blog and post your comments.. Take care.. Cheers mate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is awesome. My husband and I are in the same boat, we haven't used any credit cards in almost 4 years, but it's a struggle. I say to myself, I hate not having what I really want, but I hate being in debt even more.
    Still, like I said, it's a struggle.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.