Friday, April 3, 2009

Day of Lists Part 3

THINGS I SHOULD REMEMBER...BUT CAN'T
I have an exceptional memory when it comes to stories, movies I've seen, sports facts, useless trivia etc. Yet when it comes to things I should remember I struggle.
  • How to do the laundry. I know the basics like...separate the colors, wash then dry the clothes, and to always use a dryer sheet. I struggle with remembering what settings to put the washer and dryer on for each set of clothes. I also struggle to remember what clothes my wife line dries instead of drying them in the machine.
  • Which way is north, south, east or west.
  • Street names.
  • Directions.
  • Grocery lists. My wife will tell me what we need from the store. I will listen. But the moment I walk into the grocery store I don't have a fat clue what I'm there for. If I don't right it down I'm screwed.
  • My fourth grade teacher. I remember all the others but her...or him. I don't know who it was.
  • Grammar and spelling. I know most the rules of grammar yet when I write I just word vomit things out and totally forget the basics.
  • My parents birthdays. I have the months down but I have to think really hard to get the days. Sorry Mom and Dad.
  • To bring my keys with me when I leave the house. I can't tell you how many times I've been in my own world thinking deep thoughts, and walked out of my house to realize...oh poo! I just locked myself out.

2 comments:

  1. One reason Tim Dominice loves Colorado Springs: the mountains are always West :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you just put all the laundry on a clothes drying rack then you won't accidently dry anything in the machine you are not suppose to and you'll save a bunch of money as well.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.