Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I have smoker's teeth

I have smoker's teeth, but I've never smoked a single cigarette. I first noticed I had smoker's teeth in the 7th grade. My family moved and I started a new school. On one of my first days at the new school a classmate asked me if I smoked. I laughed. But then I was curious as to why he would ask me that. He then said that I have really yellow teeth like a smoker. I smiled and replied, that's cool...are you a hockey player? He said no, why? I punched him in the mouth and knocked out his front tooth. I then said because you have a hockey player's smile. OK I didn't punch him in the face, but I wanted to.

Currently I'm using Crest White strips to remove a few shades of yellow.

I don't really know why my teeth aren't as white as others. I brush, floss (the week before I go see the dentist), and I've never had a cavity. That makes me think that I have good teeth, but alas they are yellow. That is one thing I am trying to change about my appearance. What is one thing you would change about your appearance?

12 comments:

  1. I'm trying to make my middle section even with the rest of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing, if I could by magic, I'd start with getting in shape again and fixing my teeth as well... scratch that, I would become a temporary chia pet and get my receding hair and balding spot back. Alas, I'm not willing to do what it takes though. Good for you for fighting the fight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would change absolutely nothing. O.K., maybe lose a few pounds. Maybe add some muscle, some hair, broader shoulders, better personality, more patience and empathy, handsomer face, and some athletic ability. Other than these few minor things, I am cool. Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. these comments are as amazing as the post. appearance...i would like to think i am so darn good looking that i would change little...i will be the first to admit i got a pretty big nose, got it from my family. maybe change it but then i might scare myself when i look in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have smokers teeth too, even though I don't smoke and I have veneers on my front teeth! What else do I have to do?! haha. I totally empathize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, PS - I've never had a cavity either! So what gives with my British teeth? Okay, they're not that bad, but you know. :)
    Sorry to be a stranger leaving comments here, I just found your blog somehow and I like your thoughts. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephy, don't appologize for leaving comments. I love comments. I'm glad you found my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rob, I just thought of something. Do you drink large amounts of tea or coffee? These are known stainers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daniel, I don't drink tea or coffee. I do drink soda and that is probably what stains my teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did change the thing about me that bothered me the most, a few years ago. A little plastic surgery was involved, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Now, I'd like to change my teeth. I have an open bite, which makes eating lettuce on a burger, or onion rings difficult. (Well, I probably shouldn't be eating either of those things.) Unfortunately, there's a lot more involved in fixing things like that as an adult--more involved than simply getting braces again which I'd be willing to do. So, my bite remains the way it is.
    I'd also like to undo sun damage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i would like to turn my floppy-boobs into rock hard pecks.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.