Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Warm and Fuzzy Memories with Rob

Once upon a time I was going to school to get my masters. Every once in a while everyone needs to take a skip day. Well, one day my friend Chuck took a skip day.

When I was in college I bought a copy machine to make colored copies for my youth ministry. Because I owned this I often offered to give my friends copies of the notes from the classes that they missed. I wouldn't charge them but they did come with a price...

You see I enjoyed adding extra "Rob" notes to the class notes. I would not tell the person I gave the copies to about the additions. For example one time when Chuck skipped class I wrote in my History of Christianity notes that a certain cult we were studying prayed naked. I then wrote that praying led to "other things." The other things was in quotes to make a point.

I gave him the notes and me and my friends laughed for days. Right before the exam I felt bad because I knew he would end up writing that on the test. I went to him and told him about the addition. He was thankful I told him because he read it and thought it was weird, but accepted it because it was a cult. And that my friends is another Warm and Fuzzy Memory with Rob.

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh, good times, good times. I could see myself playing the exact same trick. Well, all but the part where I told my friend about the addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm never realisedx that was cultish.....is it wrong? nevermind...funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. weak robshep, weak. great joke, too bad you didn't see it through.

    You've got to pull the trigger when you've got the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. Did you color code your notes? Like if it is something not to mention on the test you would put it in orange. . . for orange you glad you didn't write that.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.