Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rob's Rant

I like listening to the radio in my car. The problem is I don't get to listen that long because I live close to wherever I go. For example in the morning I listen for about 1o minutes on my way to the gym and 10 minutes on my way back. I also get a few minutes to listen to it on my way to and from work. It's just not a lot of time.

I hate it when radio DJ's do a lead in to a story. It goes something like this...we have HUGE news about a upcoming concert, we also have a hilarious story about a farmer who is growing a new crop that tastes like chocolate, and we can't wait to tell you about a BIG story in Hollywood. They then say something like...all that and more coming up in the next hour. So for my ten minutes I get to hear them talk about what is going to come on the radio. I wish they would just talk about the story and forget the lead in. I know why they do it. They want to hook listeners, but I'm not going to keep listening once I get to wherever I'm going. Rant over.

4 comments:

  1. haha. the need for immediate gratification. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more... I'm in the car a lot though, but everything is done in like a half hour or an hour... it's crazy.

    One time, I wanted to hear the end of the program so bad on Z104, I tried to listen online... I couldn't figure out how to get the station, only music. You should protest naked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Rob. My drive is not long either and I don't like when all I hear is the commercials and not any music. Or they say up next and mention a song I really like and then take a break so I heard them say the song was coming but don't get to hear it. AHH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you Rob, I start each day with this frustrastion.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.