Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Reflections

This is just my opinion, but church at Waters Edge ROCK'd today! The whole day was dedicated to volunteering. In the morning we provided breakfast for our current volunteers, and in the evening we provided dinner. Every volunteer received a free T-shirt and CD with a message from Stu to them. We've found that giving CD's out is a great way to encourage, and cast vision.
Here are some thoughts on the service...
  • Worship - AMAZING. I don't know what it is but sometimes it seems like everyone is on board. People clapped, cheered, and sang out. Our band did a phenomenal job leading everyone to worship. Set list - Forever by Chris Tomlin, Awesome is the Lord by Chris Tomlin.
  • We did two specials. The first was a parody of the Johnny Cash song I've Been Everywhere, but ours was called Volunteers Everywhere. Phil wrote the words and preformed it. FABULOUS! It was crazy good. The crowd went nuts in all three services. The second special was called Shoulder to Shoulder. It's from the Biblical story of Nehemiah. I think it's from North Point, but we couldn't find who wrote it. Keren did a great job with it, and there was a video of our volunteers serving that went along with the song. I'm not going to lie I teared up a little during the first service.
  • Stu - hit a home run. Great presentation and passion. And at the end of the day Stu challenged those that call Waters Edge their home church, but are not volunteering, to start volunteering. We had over 90 new people sign up to join a volunteer team! Are you kidding me! That is CRAZY!

5 comments:

  1. WOW, I loved today! As a volunteer, I truly felt the love! I love the WEC band, they are awesome! They work so hard every single week to bring the best energy and music out there for people! I appreciate all the hard work that each band member puts in! And I know Philip does too! He loves his awesome band! And he is totally awesome too! Haha, of course I am partial to him! Also, I got all emotional watching the video and seeing all those people serving and leading people to God. I love WEC so much and I love serving! Teaching the kids has CHANGED MY LIFE! I am blessed to be with the kids each week. Today I had the honor of teaching 29 kids about Daniel and the Lion's Den, what an honor to watch their little faces learn that b/c Daniel payed and did the right thing, the lions did not eat him. They were amazed! I love to watch them soak in God's love... anyway, I went off on a tangent, but I love serving and I was excited that 90-some people are joining the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant "Daniel prayed" not "payed"! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey rob!
    Service did rock tonight! And im proud to say im one of the new voulunters! I hope you have a great week!!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob,

    We had a great time at service on Sunday. Agree with all the previous comments and would include all the amazing volunteers that show up early to put it all together. Everyone had a great attitude and was so inviting. I am excited for the 90 new people that will get to experience the life change that comes from serving.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian...I'm glad that you left a comment. It's my love language. Great to see you over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.