Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dark Knight Review

I hate the hype of summer movies. Every summer I get all excited about a bunch of movies and most of the time I am let down. The Dark Knight had a lot of hype around it. Before it was even released it had critics saying it was a great movie and that Heath Ledger's (the Joker) performance was worthy of an Oscar. It was going to be hard to meet my hyped expectations, but The Dark Knight lives up to the hype!

The Dark Knight is the sequel to Batman Begins. Some of my friends (when I say some I mean one) were confused about how this movie links with the 5 previous Batman films. Batman Begins was a relaunch of the Batman franchise. What that means is that after the dismal Batman and Robin (the fourth in the series) Warner Bros. decided to start over. Batman Begins pretends that the previous four Bat-flicks never happened. The Dark Knight is the sequel to Batman Begins. Make sense?


The Dark Knight is a great film. The story is engaging, the performances are stellar, and the action is intense. Heath Ledger is really good! He's so good in fact that you get lost in his character, forgetting that it's Heath Ledger. You'll have to see it for yourself but my first reaction after seeing it last night is that it was the greatest super hero movie ever. I loved it!


This movie is not for the faint at heart. It's action packed and has intense sequences. It's rated PG-13 and that is strictly for violence. The swears are minimal and there is no nudity or scantily clad women. Personally, I would leave the kids at home with the babysitter watching Batman and Robin, while you enjoy this amazing movie.

Rob's Rating System:
Thumbs up = I loved it, worth paying full price, and I will own it on DVD.
Thumbs to the side = An OK movie, worth a matinee showing, and I may buy it on DVD if I see it in the $5 bin.
Thumbs down = I hated it, wish I wouldn't have wasted money on it, wouldn't own it on DVD.

2 comments:

  1. If you're reading this and haven't seen the movie, stop and go. Find your nearest theatre and go. I thought there was no way it could live up to my expectations. It did. Go now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the Even better news was that it wasn't full price it was only 5 bucks cause it was a thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.