Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What are you praying for

What are you praying for? I think that we pray for says a lot about our view of God. Do you pray a lot or a little? Is God there just to grant your wishes or do you include Him in all the details of your life? Comment and let me know what you are praying for. I would love to pray with you.

This week I have been praying for a few things. One is a specific request that I won't share online until God answers it. I can't wait to see what God does!!! Another thing I'm always praying for is that God would bless Monica (my wife) and I with the ability to love each other the way He loves us. There are some other things that I am praying for, but the final thing I will mention comes from Psalm 119:33. Sometimes I will pray the exact words from the Bible. I encourage you to give it a try.

33 Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end.
34 Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart.
35 Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.
36 Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.
37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.
38 Fulfill your promise to your servant, so that you may be feared.
39 Take away the disgrace I dread, for your laws are good.
40 How I long for your precepts! Preserve my life in your righteousness.

2 comments:

  1. Lately I have been praying for 3 different people or groups the most. I pray for my husband, my own children and my WeeWorld kids every day, but I noticed lately that I have been praying most consistently for...
    1. My sister and her kids are dealing with some hard family problems right now.
    2. My friend, Jen, her 10 month old baby passed away last August.
    3. WEC Staff

    So there you go, you asked and I told!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.