Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday Reflections

Today I was on vacation and I missed the morning services. It was weird not setting up and tearing down, being a part of the service, and seeing everyone. I missed it a bunch. Monica and I did make sure we came back early to be at the 6:00 PM service. This was the first time in 4 years that I went to Waters Edge with Monica and I didn't have to work.

The Sunday night service was great! It was fun being parked by the parking team, greeted by the host team, and seeing a few friends before the service. I liked not having a million thoughts swirl around in my head right before church...I missed being a part of the service but it was a nice change. Here are the highlights...
  • Mike Dominice is a man among boys when it comes to playing the guitar. The opening of the service was AMAZING! I said to Monica about 32 1/2 times "dang he's good." The service opened with Mike playing the mess out of his electric guitar to the tune of "The Star-Spangled Banner." My face melted off it was so good!
  • Loved the band's version of R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A. I especially liked Dean's recorder solo. It caught me by surprise and I liked it!
  • Stu did a great job with the segment "Know Your Americana." It was a play off of David Letterman game "Know Your Current Events." It was very funny and Stu did a great job interacting with the audience.
  • It meant a lot to me that Stu led the church in a prayer for the students and summer camp. He said that during the 10:55 service a bunch of students cheered really loud. AWESOME!
  • Worship - All Because of Jesus by Steve Fee, Mighty to Save by Hillsong United. I loved worshiping tonight. The band was tight and Phil had an extra dose of energy. I love our band and I love how easy they make the transition from fun covers to worshiping God.
  • Great cover and video of American Soldier by Toby Keith. I'm always a sucker for these moments and it brought a tear to my eye.
  • Stu did a great job talking about honor. You know it's going to be good when Stu pulls out a box of Krispy Kreme Donuts. The best part was at the end when Stu said he wanted Waters Edge to model showing others honor. He then had all of the military wives stand and after the whole church applauded he announced that each of them was going to receive a $25 gift card to get a manicure at a local spa. How cool is that!
  • Overall the service rocked! It was so worth coming home early from vacation.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Rob,

    I've had xanga for years, but now im doin the whole "profesh" blog myself...so the url is now uthpastorb.com

    It will be up shortly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Rob! I loved the service as well! Very moving and funny! The band was awesome yesterday and so was Stu! I loved the sermon. It really gave me something to chew on this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome service, Waters Edge did a bang up job saluting the military and it's family, that meant the world to Kelly and Myself

    ReplyDelete
  4. man! i missed the manicure sunday on our vacay! i always love the military services you do!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.