Friday, July 25, 2008

Step Brothers

I'm pretty excited about Step Brothers the new Will Ferrell movie. The preview looks ha-larious. Monica and I laughed out loud through the whole thing. Here I'll show you...



Now if you notice that preview is really funny, but it is also pretty clean. In fact all of the previews that I have seen have been clean. And yet the movie is Rated R. Why? No doubt it will be for language, adult content, and most likely nudity or sexual content of some sort. This movie is going to make a lot of money no matter what the rating, but I believe that if they would have kept it PG-13 it would have made even more. Elf is my favorite Will Ferrell movie and it is also his highest grossing movie that he was the top billed actor. It made $173 million dollars. It was PG.

I am glad that in America we have freedom of speech to say whatever we want, but I believe we should have some responsibility with that freedom. We are free to say whatever we want but just because we can doesn't mean we should. We are free to say what we want, but not everything is beneficial. My point is that I wish that Hollywood would not add adult content in a movie just because they can. Why ruin a perfectly good comedy with R rated material? It's one thing to make an R rated movie with adult content, but why add it to something that doesn't need it to be funny? What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Yea, I went to look at a preview for this movie on myspace and in the first 20 seconds was the F word...

    That and I dont do Rated R movies anymore, but there is a ton of F words and lude comments...I have always believed I wouldnt want my kids to see me comin out of a movie like that...and I dont need that crap in my mind...but I know a bunch of people who saw it and said it wasnt all that great...so I dont know...

    Hope your well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Will Ferrell, he is so funny! BUT, I totally agree with you about adding in junk that adds nothing to the movie. Just junk to make the movie rated R for the sake of the rating is stupid. Anyway, I loved Elf too, it was so hysterical! We just watched again the other day for fun even though it is 100 degrees outside, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.