Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hump Day

I understand that I have the sense of humor of a 14 year old boy. I laugh when people say the word duty (it sounds like the childhood word for poo...doodie). Yesterday at camp I was in a small group with the camp director and a few other youth ministers. The camp director said the phrase "excellent duty". I looked around to see if anyone else appreciated the unintentional joke, but they didn't, so I kept the laughing to the inside of my head.

A few weeks ago I was talking with some friends of mine who are engaged and they told me that they celebrate hump day. At that moment a million middle school-esq jokes popped into my head. With a slight giggle I asked what hump day was. They couple told me that Wednesdays are the middle of the week aka the hump. They then told me that on Wednesdays they have a date night where one of them plans a date for the two of them. This is a great idea. They take turns planning out all the details, and this causes excitement because each time the whole date is a surprise to the other person. I loved this idea!

So today is hump day (I recommend a name change to MWD = Middle of the Week Day). Do something different, change things up, if your are married or dating surprise your significant other with a pre-planned date. Celebrate this day and then let me know what you did.

1 comment:

  1. What's up robshep.com, this hump day I worked late because of a contractor cut cable, so very uneventful! But next hump day the sky is the limit.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.