Thursday, October 30, 2008

My very own Twix commercial

Have you seen the Twix commercial where the guy says something inappropriate and then stuffs a Twix in his mouth? The idea is that eating the Twix will give you a moment to get out of the situation. If you haven't seen the commercial check it out below.



This past week I felt like I was in a Twix commercial...without a Twix.

I went to the mall to pick up a gift card. I went to the Customer Service kiosk because I wanted a general mall gift card. When I arrived the lady working the kiosk was frazzled. She was having a fight with the computer and the computer was winning.

The lady she was waiting on was legally blind. I know this because she had a seeing eye dog that had a sign on it that said "DO NOT PET ME I AM WORKING". The sign is similar to the one below...



After a really long time and two phone calls for help the Customer Service, employee finally changed computers and printed the receipt the lady was patiently waiting for. The employee was really frazzled and felt horrible for taking so long. She was doing the best she could, but she wasn't very computer savvy. The employee pulls out the printed receipt and says to the legally blind woman "sign here." The woman responds back "where?" The employee says right there, but she doesn't show her, she just says it. The extremely patient legally blind woman said once again "where do I need to sign?" This time the frazzled employee says "on the line." And then she says "do you not see the line on the paper?" The legally blind woman said "No I don't see the line, I'm legally blind." At this the employee pointed to the line (in complete silence) and the woman signed in the general vicinity of the line. I felt like I was in a Twix commercial, but I didn't have a Twix.

5 comments:

  1. Seriously, she asked 3 times? That's crazy. What does this guy say in the middle of the commercial, I replayed it 5 times and can't make it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. classic...i wish i could say i have not done something equally stupid, but i probably have

    ReplyDelete
  3. DP, I think he says, "Yeah, and it's like, the mainstream media's fault." I had to replay it a time or 2 to catch it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a funny ad Rob ... never seen an ad before that mentions blogging

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.